StruxureWare Data Center Operation: Change ensures that changes are carried out in a controlled process with minimum risk to the IT infrastructure. This minimizes the impact of change-related incidents and improves day-to-day operations.
Change management overview of projects and resources (1)
The Changes perspective (available in the Application bar Analytics>Changes) allows managers to monitor and plan the overall progress of projects and drill down on areas of interest by a number of categories, such as work order assignee, project code, and location.
- Allocate resources based on amount of work orders assigned to a resource
- Avoid scheduling conflicts
- Handle work order peaks
- Create reports about work order actions (available in the Application bar Analytics>Reports).
Controlled work order process (2)
The Work Order Editor along with the Work Orders and Remedy Change Tickets panes allow management and execution of work orders in a controlled process.
- Propose future changes to rack contents (possible in the rack layout with the Work Order Editor enabled (toggle on/off by clicking Cancel in the Work Order Editor)
- Manage work orders (available in the Work Orders pane at the bottom of the screen by default).
End-to-end change management across systems (3)
Supported integration with the BMC Remedy Change Management system allows you to cover the entire change workflow from StruxureWare Data Center Operation without the need to run Remedy.