You can activate the lock on a work order or work order template, locking all work orders created based on the template. Locked work orders cannot be edited.
Locking a work order
- Create a new work order or open the work order that you want to lock.
- Click the Administrative Settings icon and select Lock on save.
- Edit the work order details if needed.
The lock will be applied when you save the work order (a lock icon will display in the work order heading to illustrate this). Locked work orders cannot not be unlocked and edited.
Creating a locked work order template
- In Tools, select Configure Work Order Template.
- Click the plus icon to create a new template.
- Fill in the work order template properties, such as name, priority, project code, etc. and select Locked.
- Add one or more tasks to the work order template.
The locked template now appears in the list of available templates when you right-click a piece of equipment or a room layout and select Apply Template.
All work orders that you subsequently create based on this template will be locked when you save them.