Often, working with change management in a data center requires certain tasks to be repeated regularly.
In StruxureWare Data Center Operation, work order templates and the option to schedule recurring work orders assist you in managing repetitive tasks.
A work order template is a work order that you can save and reuse for other similar work orders. As you add to your templates library, it will grow into a valuable collection of best practices.
video tutorial to see how to create and apply work order templates to establish best practices.Watch this
Creating a work order template
- In Tools, select Configure Work Order Template.
- In the template dialog box, click the plus icon to create a new template.
- Fill in the work order template properties, such as name, priority, project code, etc.
- Add one or more tasks to the work order template.
The saved work order template now appears in the list of available templates when you right-click a piece of equipment or a room layout and select Apply Template.
Applying a work order template
- Right-click one or more pieces of equipment or a room layout and select Apply Template.
In the Work Order Editor, adjust the text if needed for this work order.
You can select multiple items at the same time by using Ctrl-click or Shift-click.