First, install the Data Center Operation server on both machines from an installation media: DVD, USB key, or out-of-band management (OOM) interface. Then, after installing the server on both machines, install the clients.
You have prepared a bootable installation media with the StruxureWare Data Center Operation Installer Image file.
- Ensure the media has sufficient space (4GB) and is clean before copying the ISO to it.
- Download the ISO from a location provided by the support team. To locate the telephone number for your region, visit Contact Us.
- Cluster servers complying with the minimum requirements.
For information about installing from a media such as a USB key, refer to the CentOs documentation, for example: https://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey.
You should be able to find the relevant scripts, for example
dd if=CentOS-6.5-x86_64-bin-DVD1.iso of=/dev/sdb.
When you have a bootable installation media with the DCO installer, you can install the Data Center Operation server to any computer according to your licenses.
Installing the StruxureWare Data Center Operation server on both cluster machines
It is recommended that you follow the on-screen instructions and select the default options unless you have specific requirements. On both machines:
Insert the StruxureWare Data Center Operation installation media.
- Connect a keyboard and display.
- Ensure the BIOS settings enable the server to boot from the installation media and the server is connected to the network during the entire installation process.
Complete installation process (animated), select Install Cluster instead of Standalone
4. On both machines:
In the StruxureWare Data Center Operation boot menu, select Install Cluster to install StruxureWare Data Center Operation servers with CentOS customization options described in step 5.
The menu also includes a standalone installation option. Separate instructions are available for installing DCO as a standalone server. In addition, a few more options not relevant to the initial installation are available:
- Boot from local drive To skip the menu and continue booting from the local system disk.
- Troubleshooting To troubleshoot installation problems.
But let's proceed with the installation...
5. Follow the installation wizard and set the CentOS language, date and time, and keyboard options for your StruxureWare Data Center Operation server.
a) When the CentOS language settings are displayed, select the language to be used for the installation process as well as the default language of the installed system.
b) When the date and time options are displayed, select your country or the location matching your time zone.
c) Next to Network Time ON, click the settings icon to open NTP options, add an NTP server, verify it is working, and select use.
Wait for the time (in the bottom left) to update, matching your current time. If NTP settings doesn't work, you can set the time manually on the server (the machines in a DCO cluster must have the same time, which means the use of NTP is highly recommended).
d) Review the keyboard settings.
You do not need to set up partitions as this has already been done by the installer.
For networks without DHCP, you can assign a static IP to the ethernet interface:
- Click NETWORK & HOST NAME, then Configure...
- Click IPv4 Settings, and in Method select Manual.
- Click Add, type your static IP and click Save.
6. Click Begin Installation.
7. Select USER CREATION to create the first OS user on the StruxureWare Data Center Operation server with administration rights.
This is a Linux user used for SSH and server configuration (Webmin) operations. You do not need to set the root password as it has been disabled for many functions in StruxureWare Data Center Operation.
Do not use common usernames, such as apc or admin, and ensure the user is an administrator.
8. Take a break while waiting for the installation to complete, for the server to reboot, and the StruxureWare Data Center Operation software to initialize.
It will be several minutes.
9. Remove the installation media and proceed to setting up the cluster nodes.
For information on security related settings, see StruxureWare Data Center Operation security.
Installing StruxureWare Data Center Operation clients
- The server installation has been completed.
- Ensure the computer on which to install the DCO desktop client cannot be accessed from the Internet. It should only be available on your intranet. See recommended setup here.
- On the computer on which to install the StruxureWare Data Center Operation client, open a web browser and launch to the IP address or hostname of the DCO server
<serverIPaddress>to log in to the web client and get access to the desktop client download.
(The DCO web client is automatically available with the server installation.)
- If you're not an English speaker, select your preferred language from the profile menu Language option (profile image in the upper right corner).
- In Administration>Licenses add your license keys to enable download according to your purchased licenses.
- In the profile menu select Download Desktop Clients.
- On the download page click to download the StruxureWare Data Center Operation base software according to your license and follow the instructions in the installation wizard.
- Repeat the above steps on all client computers.