Getting started with the DCIM Asset Management web site as an Administrator.
- Launch a browser to http://dcimassets.schneider-electric.com
- NetBotz.com users: Log in with your existing credentials.
New users: Click the link on the login page to register and create an account. Your company name, a valid e-mail address, and a password is required.
Note: The user creating the account is logged in to the site as the Administrator. A top-level group, Your Company Name, is created by default; you can change its name if necessary.
On the Home tab, select Add Group to create top-level groups and sub-groups to organize your assets and define user permissions. Once your group hierarchy is in place, you can add assets to your DCIM account.
Note: NetBotz.com users will find all assets in the default top-level group Your Company Name, and can create a group hierarchy if desired.
To add an asset to your DCIM account, you register it and select the group into which you want to place it. Select Register Asset. Specify the asset type, a label, and the MAC address. Continue until all your assets have been registered.
Note: You must register assets one at a time.
- To modify the label or MAC address for an asset, if necessary, select that asset to access the "Edit Asset" display.
- To move an asset from one group to another, if necessary, select the menu icon for that asset and select Change Group.
If you have purchased a module, node, or rack license, an extended hardware warranty, or software support for a registered asset, and have received a passcode, click the menu icon for that asset, and select Redeem Passcode. Enter the passcode in the field.
Note: Depending on the type of asset, you may have an option to specify the number of nodes for you want to apply support.
- Continue to redeem passcodes for all your assets as needed.
- If you need software for an asset, or to check for the most recent revision, click the menu icon for that asset , and select Download Software to access the software versions to which you are entitled.
On the User Management tab, select Add User, and specify an e-mail address, password, and language (English only at this time). Specify the user access permission, Admin, Read-Only, or User. In the Group Permissions list, select each group for which you want the user to have access, and then check the boxes to define the appropriate group permission.
Note: Groups for which you do not specify access are not visible to that user.
- On the Preferences tab, define display options for deactivated assets.